Options for Independent Living in Davenport, IA
Davenport, Iowa is an unexpected oasis in a sea of farmland. It is the largest city in the Quad Cities area, and a thriving community with welcoming neighborhoods, friendly people, and a variety of amenities. Take a few minutes to check out the senior living options Davenport, IA has to offer – along with its attractions, amenities, and other desirable options!
Davenport is located about halfway between Chicago, IL and Des Moines, IA, right on the Illinois-Iowa border. The city’s history goes back to the early 1800s when the land was purchased from the Sauk Native American tribe. In 1856, the first railroad spanning the Mississippi River was built in Davenport, and the city has experienced almost constant population growth since.
Reasons to Choose Independent Living in Davenport
There are many reasons to consider independent living in Davenport. From a year-round farmers’ market to tranquil river cruises and seasonal events, we think you’ll love everything this charming city offers.
Along with these local attractions, Davenport also features numerous independent living opportunities for seniors. Our retirement homes, Brookside I and Brookside II, offer one- and two-bedroom apartment homes for those aged 55 and older. Finding the best retirement community for you just got a whole lot easier!
No matter your interests, you’re sure to find excursions right up your alley in or near Davenport, IA.
- The Figge is the largest, most comprehensive art museum in the area. It also offers free admission to seniors on the first Thursday of every month.
- The Putnam Museum and Science Center has something for everyone, including the grandkids! It’s a must-see at least once if you live in or are visiting the area.
- Soak up the fresh air and enjoy the beautifully landscaped Vander Veer Botanical Park, the perfect place to explore and relax for the afternoon.
Learn more about the neighborhood surrounding Brookside I and Brookside II Senior Apartments.
Senior Apartment Amenities to Look For
You might be surprised just how accommodating Davenport’s senior living options are. Check out these fantastic amenities you can enjoy at Brookside I & II Senior Apartments:
- Walk-in closets
- Heated underground parking
- Furnished appliances
- Pet-friendly homes available (some restrictions apply)
Community Perks and Social Opportunities
When you choose one of our retirement homes, you’ll gain access to attractive building amenities and plenty of social opportunities!
- Community rooms and kitchens
- Community patio
- On-site management
- Smoke-free communities
- Regularly scheduled social potlucks, get-togethers, holiday parties, and more!
More Articles to Explore
Finding the best retirement communities in Davenport, IA starts with determining your priorities and preferences.
These amenities can make it easier for you to adjust to your new home and take advantage of everything your community has to offer.
Here are surprising ways you can foster your physical, emotional, and spiritual health at an independent living senior apartment in Davenport, IA.