Senior Living Options in Monona, WI
The town of Monona, WI has access to the big-city amenities of Madison, a small-town atmosphere, and beautiful neighborhoods nestled along the shores of Lake Monona. With a population of just under 8,000, Monona is a place where you’ll find cozy, welcoming neighborhoods and a friendly vibe. It’s a wonderful place to explore senior living options, like those at Frost Woods I
and Frost Woods II
Located in Dane County, WI, Monona is home to over 7,500 residents. The village was first settled in, in 1938, then rapidly grew as immigrants were drawn to the growing job opportunities, serene farmland, and lake views. This influx of residents led to Monona becoming a city in 1969. Today, it’s a small yet thriving place to live.
Reasons to Choose Independent Living in Monona
There are many reasons to consider independent living in Monona. This beautiful area offers pristine parks and recreation, with the advantage of being just steps away from the bustling Madison downtown.
In addition to these local attractions, the area is also home to numerous housing opportunities for seniors. Our carefree independent living homes may just be the place for you to spend your retirement years!
A beautiful location with plenty of ways to spend your days, Monona offers these popular attractions:
- Beautifully-maintained public parks have something for everyone, whether you want to enjoy a stroll on a beautiful paved path, take the grandkids out to play, or spend a day kayaking on the water.
- Take a walk on the wild side at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center, where you can go on a free bird & nature outing, attend a nature-related workshop, learn more about global phenomena in the Climate Science Education Center, or enjoy the well-maintained campus trails.
- Enjoy fresh, local produce and other goods from the Monona Farmers’ Market every Saturday from May-October.
- Visit the Monona Public Library for a great read or to attend events and workshops.
Learn more about the neighborhoods surrounding Frost Woods I & II Senior Apartments
Senior Apartment Amenities to Look For
Monona’s senior living options offer fantastic amenities*, including:
- Furnished appliances
- Private balconies and patios
- Fireplaces in select homes
- In-suite washer and dryer in select homes
Community Perks and Social Opportunities
When you choose one of our independent living properties, you’ll gain access to attractive building amenities* and plenty of social opportunities!
- Community rooms and kitchens
- Hair salon
- Business center
- On-site management
- Smoke-free communities
- Regularly scheduled social potlucks, get-togethers, holiday parties, and more!
*Amenities may vary between our two Monona locations.
More Articles to Explore
5 Secrets to a Carefree Life at Frost Woods I & II 55+ Community in Monona, WI
If you’re a senior looking for a carefree lifestyle, the home you choose to live in can play a critical role. If you’re a homeowner burdened with chores, bills, and worries, consider a simpler way. At Frost Woods I & II Senior Apartments, you can streamline your obligations, calendar, and home maintenance burdens.
Start Your Independent Living Journey Today
For more information about the senior living options in Monona, WI, contact us
to schedule a tour of Frost Woods I & II Senior Apartments today.