Options for Senior Housing in Oregon, WI
Oregon, Wisconsin is a family-friendly community located just seven miles south of Madison that prides itself on small town hospitality. With the University of Wisconsin and the state capitol just a 15-minute drive away, Oregon residents enjoy a close-knit ambiance that offers both convenience and comfort.
The Village of Oregon was settled in 1841 and originally named “Rome Corners.” When a railroad—the Chicago and North Western Transportation Company—came through in 1864, the railroad’s maps indicated “Oregon,” and the new name was quickly adopted. Many of Oregon’s historical buildings are still standing in the city’s quaint downtown district. In the heart of Oregon, you’ll find revered structures such as the Badger Cycle Company, an original water tower, and the Red Brick School
Reasons to Choose Independent Living in Oregon
With a population of about 10,000, Oregon offers a perfect balance of small-town warmth while also enjoying the benefits of a big city nearby. In 2011, Oregon was listed as one of the “100 Best Small Places to Live”
by CNN Money. It was also ranked as one of the Safest Cities in Wisconsin
by the National Council for Home Safety and Security.
Our independent senior housing apartments at One West Wolfe
offer a full lineup of amenities and community spaces, plus on-site management and 24/7 emergency maintenance, to ensure that your days are spent relaxing and enjoy all that Oregon has to offer.
From winter fishing to beer and cheese festivals, you’ll find plenty to do in Oregon all year round. A few local Oregon attractions include:
Learn more about senior housing in Oregon, WI and the neighborhood surrounding One West Wolfe Senior Apartments.
- The Chocolate Caper, a chocolate shop that specializes in Swiss praline—a chocolate confection made from traditional Swiss recipes. At the Chocolate Caper you can also purchase baked goods, toffee, truffles, and more.
- Learn Oregon’s history at the Oregon Area Historical Society Museum, which offers displays, tours, and activities.
- Visit Hann’s Christmas Farm, where you can get your tree and shop in the Christmas store. It’s open throughout November and up until Christmas Eve, providing plenty of holiday spirit.
- Attend the city’s Farmers Market, where you’ll find fresh local vegetables, popcorn, art, homemade bread, and more.
Senior Apartment Amenities to Look For
Get all of these amenities and more when you begin your independent living journey in Oregon, WI:
- Emergency call systems
- Ample closet space
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Additional storage space included
- Heated underground parking
Community Perks and Social Opportunities
When you choose our independent living property as your new home, you’ll have access to attractive building amenities
and exciting social opportunities!
- Community patio
- Fitness center
- Club room with kitchen
- Smoke-free building and grounds
- Professional on-site maintenance
More Articles to Explore
How to Find the Best Retirement Community for You in Oregon, WI
How do you find the best retirement community in Oregon, WI for you? Once you’ve determined your priorities and preferences, keep reading to learn why our Oregon, WI senior apartment home may be a good fit for you and your lifestyle.
8 Amenities to Look for in Senior Living Options in Oregon, WI
Oregon, WI offers a perfect blend of small-town warmth and big-city convenience. While searching for independent senior apartments in this area, consider what amenities and features are most important to you.
7 FAQs About Our Affordable Senior Apartments for Rent in Oregon, WI
We have the answers to some commonly asked questions about One West Wolfe so you can have a better idea of what it’s like to live in these apartment homes.
Start Your Independent Living Journey Today
To learn more about this excellent option for senior housing in Oregon, WI, contact our leasing agents
to schedule a tour at One West Wolfe Senior Apartments today.