Chic & Trendy Lofts and Affordable Senior Living Options in Dubuque, IA
With its historic charm and picturesque views of the Mississippi, including a romantic riverwalk, Dubuque is a major tourist destination and center for art and culture, with multiple museums, a botanical garden, parks, wineries, skiing, fine dining, historic architecture. You’ll quickly see why it is a great city to call home.
Dubuque is a perfect city for families, seniors, and professionals. The various restaurants, museums, venues and cultural attractions of the city guarantee there is always something interesting to do, while the nearby parks and river give you a chance to get back into nature. As the largest city in Iowa, it is home to some of the state’s largest employers, such as John Deere, Dubuque Community Schools, Mercy One Dubuque Medical Center, and UW Platteville.
Local attractions include:
- The Dubuque Arboretum and Botanical Gardens offer 52 acres of beautifully maintained garden space. Take a couple of hours to explore formal gardens, vegetable and flower gardens, Japanese-style gardens, and more – or visit for a free Sunday concert.
- The National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, where you can learn more about the history and culture surrounding America’s rivers, as well as the creatures that live in and around them.
- The Q Casino, where you can try your luck, or take in a concert or show.
- Eagle Point Park, with 164 acres overlooking the beautiful Mississippi.
- Dubuque Museum of Art
- And so much more!
Lofts in the Heart of Downtown Dubuque, IA
The Linseed Lofts, at 9th and Jackson, brings 16 exciting new warehouse loft apartments to the heart of Dubuque’s Historic Millwork District. Linseed Lofts offers chic, trendy living spaces featuring:
- Large windows
- High ceilings
- Exposed brick walls
- Hardwood flooring
- Community space
- Rooftop deck
- Within walking distance of Dubuque’s cafes, venues and nightlife
Blending architectural history with modern-day amenities, Linseed Lofts provide a variety of living options that appeal to all walks of life. Whether you prefer to be within walking/biking distance of work or want to live in a vibrant new area, Linseed Lofts has a variety of options from which to choose.
See our full list of amenities here.
Independent Senior Living in Dubuque, IA
If you’re reviewing senior living options in Dubuque, IA, this guide is just for you! Here, you’ll find out about the city, a few of its attractions, and amenities you can enjoy when you become a resident at Applewood I, Applewood II, Applewood III, Applewood IV, The Woodlands, or Roosevelt West Senior Apartments.
From its historic charm to its location right on the Mississippi River, there are many reasons to consider your options for independent living in Dubuque. The downtown waterfront, vibrant natural areas, and newly opened senior center can make your time in Dubuque truly special.
Senior Apartment Amenities to Look For
Our senior apartments offer the perfect combination of amenities* to make you feel at home, including:
- Furnished appliances
- Balconies and patios on select units
- Heated underground parking
- Walk-in closets in select units
- Pet-friendly units (restrictions apply)
Community Perks and Social Opportunities
When you choose one of our independent living properties, you will also gain access to attractive building amenities and plenty of social opportunities!
- Community rooms and kitchens
- Hair salon
- Business center
- Fitness center
- On-site management
- Smoke-free communities
- Regularly scheduled social potlucks, get-togethers, holiday parties, and more!
*Amenities vary by location.
More Articles to Explore
If you’re thinking about moving to an independent living community in Dubuque, Iowa, chances are you have questions about the way things work–especially if you’re moving from a home you’ve owned for years.
While you search for independent living communities in Dubuque, be on the lookout for these key amenities.
Start Your Apartment or Independent Living Journey Today
For more information on your apartment home and independent senior living options in Dubuque, Iowa, take a few minutes to search our senior housing options, then contact us to schedule a tour today. You’ll learn about our flexible leasing options and any monthly leasing specials.