Chic & Trendy Lofts and Affordable Senior Living Options in Dubuque, IAWith its historic charm and picturesque views of the Mississippi, including a romantic riverwalk, Dubuque is a major tourist destination and center for art and culture, with multiple museums, a botanical garden, parks, wineries, skiing, fine dining, historic architecture. You’ll quickly see why it is a great city to call home. Dubuque is a perfect city for families, seniors, and professionals. The various restaurants, museums, venues and cultural attractions of the city guarantee there is always something interesting to do, while the nearby parks and river give you a chance to get back into nature. As the largest city in Iowa, it is home to some of the state’s largest employers, such as John Deere, Dubuque Community Schools, Mercy One Dubuque Medical Center, and UW Platteville.
Local attractions include:
- The Dubuque Arboretum and Botanical Gardens offer 52 acres of beautifully maintained garden space. Take a couple of hours to explore formal gardens, vegetable and flower gardens, Japanese-style gardens, and more – or visit for a free Sunday concert.
- The National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, where you can learn more about the history and culture surrounding America’s rivers, as well as the creatures that live in and around them.
- The Q Casino, where you can try your luck, or take in a concert or show.
- Eagle Point Park, with 164 acres overlooking the beautiful Mississippi.
- Dubuque Museum of Art
- And so much more!
Lofts in the Heart of Downtown Dubuque, IAThe Linseed Lofts, at 9th and Jackson, brings 16 exciting new warehouse loft apartments to the heart of Dubuque’s Historic Millwork District. Linseed Lofts offers chic, trendy living spaces featuring:
- Large windows
- High ceilings
- Exposed brick walls
- Hardwood flooring
- Community space
- Rooftop deck
- Within walking distance of Dubuque’s cafes, venues and nightlife
Independent Senior Living in Dubuque, IAIf you’re reviewing senior living options in Dubuque, IA, this guide is just for you! Here, you’ll find out about the city, a few of its attractions, and amenities you can enjoy when you become a resident at Applewood I, Applewood II, Applewood III, Applewood IV, The Woodlands, or Roosevelt West Senior Apartments. From its historic charm to its location right on the Mississippi River, there are many reasons to consider your options for independent living in Dubuque. The downtown waterfront, vibrant natural areas, and newly opened senior center can make your time in Dubuque truly special. Senior Apartment Amenities to Look For Our senior apartments offer the perfect combination of amenities* to make you feel at home, including:
- Furnished appliances
- Balconies and patios on select units
- Heated underground parking
- Walk-in closets in select units
- Pet-friendly units (restrictions apply)
- Community rooms and kitchens
- Hair salon
- Business center
- Fitness center
- On-site management
- Smoke-free communities
- Regularly scheduled social potlucks, get-togethers, holiday parties, and more!
More Articles to Explore
6 Frequently Asked Questions about 55+ Communities in Dubuque, IowaIf you’re thinking about moving to an independent living community in Dubuque, Iowa, chances are you have questions about the way things work–especially if you’re moving from a home you’ve owned for years.
5 Amenities the Best Retirement Communities in Dubuque, Iowa OfferWhile you search for independent living communities in Dubuque, be on the lookout for these key amenities.